|
Monday, July 31, 2006 I was able to submit my ASLA application form on time last Friday. For a moment I was afraid that Trace wouldn't be able to give me the recomendation letter I asked her to fill up forme. It is a good thing she gave me the letter on time despite her being super busy with other things. The top 3 favorite 'genres' of literature of the current LITSOC members are fan fiction, graphic novels, and the classics (in no particular order). I have no idea what fan fiction I am going to make them read, as of the moment. Graphic novels will probably predominantly be the ones by Arnold Arre (After Eden, Mythology Class, etc.), and Dean Francis Alfar (Siglo). For the classics, on the other hand, I have too many choices to choose from. These include: 1) Bullet in the Brain by Tobias Wolff (personal choice) 2) A&P by John Updike (personal choice) 3) Lust by Susan Minot (personal choice) 4) The Sisters by James Joyce (suggested by Nikay) 5) Hills Like White Elephants by Ernest Hemingway (personal choice) 6) The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas by Ursula le Guin (past reading) 7) The Lottery by Shirley Jackson (past reading) 8) A Very Old Man With Enormous Wings by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (suggested by Tim) 9) The Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe (suggested by April) 10) The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allan Poe (from LIT class) However, I also want to include Philippine short stories like: 1) The Devil in the Details by Carlos Cortes (from FIL class) 2) Flip Gothic by Cecilia Manguerra Brainard (from FIL class) 3) Character Encoding by Byron Tensor Posadas (from FIL class) 4) Hollow Girl: A Romance by Dean Francis Alfar (suggested by April) 5) The Kite of Stars by Dean Francis Alfar (suggested by April) The choices that I made on my own are from a nonfiction book I am currently reading entitled A Short Story Writer's Companion by Tom Bailey. Do you guys have any suggestions? =) all the colors so pretty 10:08 p.m. links to this post
Comments:
how's things glowinthedark-verne.blogspot.com blogger discovered your site via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com
Post a Comment
|
|
Profile
Linkage
[+] Cece Tag!
Archives
July 2006 Misc
this table extends forever -i hope- so do whatever you want with the space.:) Layout©syrianwind |