|
Wednesday, September 20, 2006 Last Tuesday, my essay was workshopped in Sir DM's class. Nobody (but Yaps) had any problem with the technical aspect of my essay. Instead, they focused on its content. The general comment was that it was written too bluntly. Thus, I sounded like I was bragging for the first half of my essay, and that my parents were really evil and racist during the rest of my essay. I stated during the workshop that I did not make a stand on the issue of whether I agree with the framework my parents have suggested that I follow when it comes to deciding who I will marry. Now, I will explain my side. I should love the woman I wish to marry, and she should love me just as much. This is what is most important to me. Being a guy, I do not find her financial status a big concern since I will be the breadwinner of my family. I will feel most comofrtable marrying someone who is somewhat equal in financial status with my family (a bit higher or a bit lower). I have no problem with marrying a Filipina. However, if I were to choose between two women equal in beauty, personality, financial status, and family background (calling to mind that one of them is Chinese), I will choose to marry the Chinese woman. If I were a Filipino, I would imagine I would choose to marry a Filipina over a woman of any other nationality given that the two women were equal in everything as well. This is of course, just an analogy. I don't think I'll ever be placed in a situation of choosing between 2 completely equal women... I'm not a 2-timer. =P all the colors so pretty 9:23 p.m. links to this post
Comments:
Post a Comment
|
|
Profile
Linkage
[+] Cece Tag!
Archives
July 2006 Misc
this table extends forever -i hope- so do whatever you want with the space.:) Layout©syrianwind |