|
Monday, August 21, 2006 The recollection was okay (especially since a certain professor was not there), but the experience made me realize how much I miss the yearly retreats I had during my high school days. By joining Sanngu, LITSOC and Heights instead of a religious organization such as the ACLC (Ateneo Christian Life Community) I deprived myself of time spent alone with God. Thankfully, I still have some form of contact with him and the active Catholic community through GENREV (Generation Revival). I was first introduced to the organization by Isel who invited me to join. I was sitting in the SEC walkway one rainy Wednesday afternoon, moping about my decision to sign up for Heights instead of the ACLC. Not being part of a religious organization was making me very lonely, and recruitment week was over. My opportunity to join any accredited organization had ended. I was going to be lonely lost sheep in the field that was Ateneo for an entire school year. Then, just as all hope seemed to fade away, an angel of God came to sheperd me back to His flock. Isel walked by me, and asked me if I had anything to do. Since I had nothing to do until my mother's class ends at 6pm, I told her this. She invited me to join her organization. Thus, began my involvement in GENREV. I was not very active last year, but I attend the weekly Wedensday meetings as much as possible this time around. all the colors so pretty 8:16 p.m. links to this post
Comments:
Post a Comment
|
|
Profile
Linkage
[+] Cece Tag!
Archives
July 2006 Misc
this table extends forever -i hope- so do whatever you want with the space.:) Layout©syrianwind |