|
Thursday, September 14, 2006 I apologize for not having updated my blog sooner. It just slipped my mind due to all the stress I have gotten from all my academics and extra-curricular activities. Updates are as follows: Sandz, SOH 2nd year Executive Officer has resigned from her position due to problems in academics. SOH 2nd year block representatives were asked to vote among themselves a replacement for her. JC Taruc (2-AB Interdisciplinary Studies), and I (2-BFA Creative Writing...duh=p) were the only ones willing to take the position. JC Taruc, the more handsome (?), more physically fit, more cool (as in soccer varsity) person, won the vote 4-1. I attribute my loss to the fact that I am not good friends with the SOH blockreps from my batch. If it were the entire SOH school board voting, I would have had a much higher chance of winning. However, there is no use in feeling down because I still get to retain my position as the SUPER BLOCKREP of my beloved 2-BFA CW. The older members of the Sanggunian call the the SUPER BLOCKREP because of my extreme dedication to my responsibilities as such. Now, that's cool! =) Our workshop sessions in Sir DM's class have already begun. Sir DM says that he makes it a point to always discuss one of the strongest works first during the workshops he heads. If he means this to be done for all the works as a whole, then Gab, Aila, and Trish are the best writers in our class. If he means this to be done by genre, then they are the best poets in the class. I am so happy that (if indeed he follows his workshop scheme) he considers me to be one of the best (if not the best) creative nonfictionist in the class. Today, he gave the next yet of workshop materials which contained the 4 poems stapled together (not sure if it's all by the same writer), my essay, and another work (not sure if it's a short story, or an essay with dialogue). I asked sir which work we would be discussing first, and to my great delight, he said that we would be discussing my essay first. Of course, this resulted in spontaneous gigling (yes, gigling! NOT laughter...) from everyone in the class except (I believe) Yaps who looked very confused. Apparently (obviously =P) I had given too much clues in my essay as to who was its author. Who else in the class was born in America, comes from a Chinese family, and studied in Xavier School? Nobody, but me of course! =) I really do hope that he thinks my essay is the best among all the essays that were submitted. Although that would mean that it might have been better for me to take creative nonfiction instead of fiction for my writing class next semester. By the way, for those who are interested to know who the writer of the other essay (or short story) is, I sincerely believe it to be Jo's work. So that means her essay may be better than mine...hmm...interesting. =P all the colors so pretty 8:56 p.m. links to this post
Comments:
Post a Comment
|
|
Profile
Linkage
[+] Cece Tag!
Archives
July 2006 Misc
this table extends forever -i hope- so do whatever you want with the space.:) Layout©syrianwind |