Thursday, September 21, 2006


Every day is an adventure. You can never know what a new dawn will bring. You might be following your usual routine. You wake up, eat, brush teeth, take a bath, go to school, attend class, and then something happens which you did not expect. You encounter a series of fortunate or unfortunate events (or a mix of both) that just turns your world upside down. These sudden turns in my every day life are what make life worth living, for me.

This afternoon, after French class, I dropped by de la Costa to man the LITSOC booksale when I saw that there was a whole new bunch of books being sold. I swiftly scanned the titled spines of the books on display when one of them caught my eye. Under the Tuscan Sun, it read.

Doesn't Isel want this book, I wondered. I think I should buy it for her. She's a really good friend of mine, and I owe her 2 birthday gifts already.

I get the book, and put it face up facing the buyer's side of the table. I was going to text Karyl to inquire whether Isel already had the book or not when my phone hung on me. I took out the battery, but when I pressed the on button of my phone, it just vibrated while the screen began blinking black and white.

As I was preoccupied with the task of getting my phone to work, I did not notice one of the female buyers reading the back of the book, and flipping through its pages. At the precise moment I got my phone to turn on, the girl said "I'll take it," and handed the 25o pesos over to the LITSOCer sitting beside me.

Oh no! I thought. I'm doomed! I should have at least reserved the book, or kept it hidden somewhere. Isel wanted this book so much, and I had it literally in the palm of my hand.

Wallowing in my misery, I walked over to the buyer's side of the table. Once again looking at the book spines, I tried to see I could find another book in its place. Not a single book could I find to take the place of Under the Tuscan Sun. In Her Shoes looked interesting, but I don't think Isel would have liked it as much.

I pouted my head down in dissapointment when I noticed a box of books under the table. At first, all I could see was the Jane Green and Helen Fielding novels. Then, as if a gift from God, I saw the light. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Under the Tuscan Sun.

And that's my own litte adventure for today. I bought the book, and I wrote a dedication in it, for when I give it to Isel tomorrow. =)


all the colors so pretty 9:30 p.m.


links to this post
Comments: Post a Comment

Profile


"Be anyone you want to be
Bring to life your fantasies
But I want something in return
I want you to burn, burn for me baby
Like a candle in my night
Oh burn
Burn for me
Burn for me."
- 'Burn' by Tina Arena

Linkage

[+] Cece
[+] April
[+] Jev
[+] Nikay
[+] Sam P
[+] Sasha

Tag!



Archives

July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
July 2007


Misc

this table extends forever -i hope- so do whatever you want with the space.:)

Layout©syrianwind