Tuesday, August 29, 2006


I seem to be taking longer and longer to update my blog. Hmm...so what's been happening to me lately. I recently joined ANI or Alay Ni Ignacio, a service organization which teaches public high school students during the summer. It is sort of a college version of the PKK or Para Kay Kiko Summer Program I joined while studying high school in Xavier. There I taught grade 6 students English grammar during the summer.

Another interesting thing that happened is that I passed the first deliberations for my application to the ASLA or Ateneo Student Leader's Assembly. There are around 20 of us who made it to the interviews from Ateneo de Manila University alone. I am told that a maximum of 50 students may be accepted from all the Ateneo campuses in the Philippines, although the goal is only to accept the 30 best leaders.

It is also interesting to note that my friend (and dream date) Queen Alandy Dy has also made it to the interviews. What is more interesting is the fact that her name is exactly next to mine on the list. Of course, the list IS arranged in alphabetical order. But still, it's a very interesting turn of events. I am quite sure that she will make it into the ASLA. If she does not make it then I have no chance at all of making it either. Oh well, that means there's one spot less for me in the ASLA.

Last week, I also listened to the talk on social awareness in which Prince Andrea of Monaco was a special guest. It is just to bad that a group of fan girls/papparatzi invaded the talk, and laughed at his comment on Payatas. The Ateneo even made it to an article in the Philippine Daily Inquirer as a perfect example of why the prince chooses not to "hobnob with the elite," as seen in the article's title. We now have that article posted in one of the whiteboards in the Sanggu room. =p

My ASLA interview is tomorrow. Wish me luck, or better yet, pray for me! =)


all the colors so pretty 8:35 p.m.


links to this post
Comments:
Yeah, I agree.
 
Post a Comment

Profile


"Be anyone you want to be
Bring to life your fantasies
But I want something in return
I want you to burn, burn for me baby
Like a candle in my night
Oh burn
Burn for me
Burn for me."
- 'Burn' by Tina Arena

Linkage

[+] Cece
[+] April
[+] Jev
[+] Nikay
[+] Sam P
[+] Sasha

Tag!



Archives

July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
July 2007


Misc

this table extends forever -i hope- so do whatever you want with the space.:)

Layout©syrianwind