Tuesday, July 18, 2006


Today I my friend, Yvette, whom I met in the Para Kay Kiko Summer Program (PKK) in which we teach public school students during the month of May. She wanted me to sign-up for the 5th Ateneo Student Leaders Assembly (ALSA). Being very disoriented after a school day when nothing went right for me, I got signed-up and got the application form without giving a second thought to what I was doing. I believe what tempted me to get the form was when Yvette said it was all expense payed, and that there was no application fee. Else, it was because I saw the names of a few people I knew on the list, so I decided to join as well.

Apparently the ASLA is a program of the Sanggunian (shocking discovery! O_O). They choose the top 35 of the most passionate, driven, and promising leaders from ALL Ateneo universities nationwide. Let me repeat that again 35 only, from ALL the Ateneos in the Philippines! And I expect them to pick, little ol' me... =p

I now have 10 days to accomplish all the requirements stated in the application form. First, I have to provide 5 examples of my most significant leadership roles/responsibilities that I have held for the past three years of my life, or that I am currently holding. Lucky for me, I have an automatic four which I can put on the list.

1) Being a Youth Chrisitian Life Community (YCLC) Core Group Member (3rd year high school)
2) Being a Xavier School Glee Club (GC) Vice President (3rd year high school)
3) Being the Literary Society (LITSOC) Formations Vice President (now!)
4) Being the II-BFA Creative Writing Block Representative (now!)

I now have to think of a smaller position I've taken up as a group leader maybe in one of my subjects. I could put my being the beadle for Botany Class and Lit/CW Class, or the assistant/carpool beadle for Filipino class, or the Poetry Editor for Lit Class , or the assistant class adviser during my first year in PKK. I just have to figure out which will be most impressive to them, or which is most important to me.

I also have to write 2 essays (200 words maximum each), and I have to make some important person from one of my organizations fill up a recomendation form. For this part, I believe that credentials are a big factor, so I will ask one of the SOH Sanggu members to fill up the form. I am deciding whether to give it to Ina Luna, Gita Luz, or Trace Victorino.

Ina, I am sure will fill the form with praise because she thinks very highly of me. However, she hasn't worked with me that much yet. Gita will write good things about me too, and she seems happy with my performance as the deputy of the SOH Launch. However, she also did not work with me personally. Trace worked together with me althroughout the first few weeks of school, so she knows me, and she's in a good position to give an objective assessment of my leadership skills. However, I am positive, but not sure that she will give me a good recomendation. Based on friendship, I am closest with Trace, followed by Ina, then Gita. I will have to give some more thought on this matter before I make a decision.


all the colors so pretty 8:52 p.m.


links to this post
Comments: Post a Comment

Profile


"Be anyone you want to be
Bring to life your fantasies
But I want something in return
I want you to burn, burn for me baby
Like a candle in my night
Oh burn
Burn for me
Burn for me."
- 'Burn' by Tina Arena

Linkage

[+] Cece
[+] April
[+] Jev
[+] Nikay
[+] Sam P
[+] Sasha

Tag!



Archives

July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
July 2007


Misc

this table extends forever -i hope- so do whatever you want with the space.:)

Layout©syrianwind