Sunday, July 09, 2006


The SOH Launch was generally a success. The whole place was overpopulated till about eleven thirty that evening, and most of the people who were seated down enjoyed the event a lot. Sorry to those who had to stand up because of the lack of chairs (sorry blockmates!).

The first part of the event was a total bummer, most especially during the video presentation of LFC which was both extremely long and boring. I aslo screwed up preparations for the flash presentation of Heights which caused an around ten minute delay for the entire program. The second part of the event, however, was much better. The bands who majority of the people really came to see performed at this time.

It's just too bad that almost all of my blockmates left the event by this time, so they weren't able to enjoy the great music by the AMP bands, as well as Stonefree and (most especially) Mojofly. I was put in charge of taking care of the last band of the night, and after the event the guitarist of Mojofly personally thanked me for providing them with food and water. =P I still feel so bad that I forgot to get the autograph of their lead vocalist. Silly, silly me...

By the time Mojofly performed, it was already around twelve thirty in the evening. There were so little people left (around 30 all in all), but the band was still happy to perform (unlike that other band...). They played mostly songs from the 80's, and the organizers of the event (that's me!) were able to relax and dance around as we basked in the fruits of all our efforts.

That night was filled with so much trouble and distress, but at the end of it all, we were so happy because the event was a big success. Special thanks to the amazing promotions team composed of me, Tracy and Mark! Bwahahaha!

Thanks again for Sam P, Sam Q, Cat, April, Sasha, Aila, Nikay, Charz, and Jev (did I miss anyone?!) for attending the event. I am delighted that so much of you dropped by. You guys make me proud to be your block representative!


all the colors so pretty 9:58 p.m.


links to this post
Comments: Post a Comment

Profile


"Be anyone you want to be
Bring to life your fantasies
But I want something in return
I want you to burn, burn for me baby
Like a candle in my night
Oh burn
Burn for me
Burn for me."
- 'Burn' by Tina Arena

Linkage

[+] Cece
[+] April
[+] Jev
[+] Nikay
[+] Sam P
[+] Sasha

Tag!



Archives

July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
July 2007


Misc

this table extends forever -i hope- so do whatever you want with the space.:)

Layout©syrianwind