Tuesday, July 04, 2006


Just to explain my blog title, "Read Lit. Read Life," this is the main tagline of the Literary Society or LITSOC. We have two other taglines that go something like "Are you a sucker for lit? Join the Litsocers!" (yes, it sound kind of suggestive...and weird), and "Get Lit!" (like the commercial ad that says "Get Milk!"). LITSOC is one of the unaccredited organizations of the Ateneo de Manila University, and membership recruitment is next week. I was offered, and I voluntarily accepted the position of HRVP (Human Resources Head) in the LITSOC execom (executive committe), so I hope that these taglines posted on teasers around the campus will attract literary enthusiasts to register for our organization.

Another organization which I am very active in is the Ateneo de Manila University Student Council, better known as the Sanggunian ng Mga Mag-aaral ng Ateneo. I ran for office, and won the position of block representative for my Creative Writing block this year. I needed 50% + 1 vote to win the elections against apathy, and I surprisingly got exactly that. 16 out of 30 people in my block (including me) voted for me. Imagine, I would have lost if I did not vote for myself.

Currently, me and my friends/co-officers from the School of Humanities are busy preparing for the SOH Launch which will be held this friday in Katips Bar and Grillery. I joined the promotions staff where I work with/for Tracy Victorino (III- AB Interdisciplinary Studies). Together, we have been spearheading the promotions for the event by posting tarps, posters, standees, etc. about the event all over campus. The magnificent designs for the promotional materials were produced by Mark Gosingtian (II- BFA Information Design).

Tracy and I have done so much for the promotions of this event, but honestly, I have so much to thank her for. She did most of the work, and I usually just tagged along with her. I did have to do all the internet work, like waiting up till late at night/early morning to wait for Mark to revise the designs for one week and a half. Oh well, I guess it is just normal for me to be this way since this is my first time experience handling promotions (and being a student council member, for that matter). I have been learning the ropes, and hopefully, I will be ready to head the promotions staff, next time around. I have to find some way to thank her. I should write her a thank you note, or maybe a poem, or something. After all, I am a "creative writer."


all the colors so pretty 10:03 p.m.


links to this post
Comments:
Hello! =D
 
Post a Comment

Profile


"Be anyone you want to be
Bring to life your fantasies
But I want something in return
I want you to burn, burn for me baby
Like a candle in my night
Oh burn
Burn for me
Burn for me."
- 'Burn' by Tina Arena

Linkage

[+] Cece
[+] April
[+] Jev
[+] Nikay
[+] Sam P
[+] Sasha

Tag!



Archives

July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
July 2007


Misc

this table extends forever -i hope- so do whatever you want with the space.:)

Layout©syrianwind